8 Matching Questions:
1. Extemporized = B. perform something without preparation.
2. Unabashed = C. Not embarrassed or ashamed.
3. Genuflected = E . To lower ones body by bending their leg.
4. Gelid = F. Extremely cold.
5. Inviolable = D. Not capable of being violated or infringed.
6. Surfeit = H. Eating until excessively full.
7. Epiphany = G. A divine manifestation.
8. Macabre = A. Shockingly repellent.
1. How does Morrison personify Winter and use metaphors comparing Mr. MacTeer to winter? Give specific examples from the text.
Answer: Morrison personify winter and uses metaphors comparing Mr. MacTeer to winter in the following. It’s said that
2. How is Pecola harassed by the group of boys? What effect does it have on her? How is this reminiscent of common bullying?
Answer: Pecola is harassed by the group of boys when they saw her at a playground after school and started to circle around her and say hurtful things to her. The effect it has on Pecola is that it hurt her deeply and she started to cry and cover her eyes with her hands. It’s reminiscent to common bullying by how they always use bad things that happened in your life against you to make you feel even worse about yourself.
3. Describe Maureen Peal. Comment on her interactions with Pecola.
Answer: Maureen Peal is a young girl who goes to school with Frieda and Claudia. She’s considered rich by them and there’s something about her that makes everyone in school like or get along with her except for Frieda and Claudia. Her interaction with Pecola is that she seems to be truly nice and friendly with her and that she sincerely wants to be friends with her.
4. Examine Claudia and Frieda’s comparison of themselves with Maureen.
Answer: For Claudia and Frieda’s comparison of themselves with Maureen it seems that they thing that she is better then her and because she has nicer things then them like her clothes for example because there higher quality then the ones they have. They also think that due to the fact that she said ” I amcute!” ”And you ugly! Black and ugly emos. I am cute!” that some how she’s better than them and that they were lesser than her.
5. Tell me about the MacTeer sister’s meeting with the prostitutes, how do they react and what does this about them?
Answer: When the MacTeer sister’s first see the prostitutes is when they were about to walk into there house and they heard laughter and look through the outside window of the house and saw that inside the house was Mr. Henry with China and Maginot Line. They said that when they realized who they were that there flesh crawled and the back of there neck itched.
6. Analyze Geraldine and discuss her significance to the story.
Answer: I would analyze Geraldine and a woman who feels unappreciated or unloved even thought she married. I think in the story she tells about the cat because she feels that the cat makes her feel relaxed and appreciated and fills some type of empty void inside her.
7.The importance of the relationship between Geraldine and her son Junior.
Answer: I think that the importance of the relationship between Geraldine and Junior her son is the following. It seems like there trying to tell how bad other people may have it and that the problems you may have with someone may not be as bad as you make it out to be while others are just as serious.